If the kitchen is the heart of the home, at the heart of every kitchen is food — preparing and cooking it, enjoying and sharing it. The kitchen coming with essential kitchen appliances and useful gadgets is often the place where many of family activities take place.
The cooker is the key kitchen appliance. Before you make an investment, research the market thoroughly and attend demonstrations if necessary to make sure you are buying a product that meets your needs. Think about the way you cook and what you like to cook.
– Freestanding cookers can be either electric or gas and come in a range of prices.
– The agas and other cast-iron ranges are heavy and must be installed on a solid level floor.
– For the serious cook, range cookers offer an enviable array of functions: multiple burners, including special features such as wok burners and griddle plates, double ovens, separate grills and warm storage drawers.
– Conventional electric ovens radiate heat from top and bottom. This means that the center of the oven is the best place to cook food.
– In gas ovens, it is easier to regulate the heat and food stays moist for longer. Fan-assisted gas ovens are energy saving and provide even temperatures inside the oven.
– Electric fan-assisted ovens require very little pre-heating and cook food evenly wherever it is placed.
– Pyrolytic self-cleaning ovens can heat up to 500° C (932° F) and burn off grease and food deposits.
– Multi-function electric ovens can be used with or without fan assistance and many provide up to ten different settings for cooking particular types of food.
– Gas hops are popular because they provide instant controllable heat. Most are four-burner, but five-burners are more versatile. Some models include a wok burner and even a fish-kettle burner.
– Electric hobs come in many different forms: sealed plate hobs are easy to clean but slow to heat up and cool down; ceramic glass hobs are smooth and streamlined; induction hobs transfer heat directly to the bottom of the pan, but only certain pans work with them.
– Domino hobs are modular two-plate hobs that can be assembled in any configuration: gas, ceramic, grill or wok.
* This is PART 1 of a two-part article. PART 2 will be published on Thursday morning.
Similar Posts: Kitchen Appliances List, Kitchen Appliances Brands, Kitchen Small Appliances, Kitchen Appliances Reviews